Saturday, January 24, 2015

Nothing

When someone calls me a photographer I am embarrassed there are so many out there equally bad and worse. A lady once called me a painter and I showed her my paintings ... she stopped the reference. I could write scripts but they don't have an innate flow. I could draw graphic novels but my style can be connected only by a few.

So that makes me a nothing. "NOTHING"

Suddenly I am surrounded by a lot too many 'nothings'. A 'nothing' in design and I went to drink coffee and we spoke 'nothing'. The restaurant  guitarist took his guitar out but played ‘nothing’. A friend actor came to meet me but there was 'nothing' left to perform. I saw a 'nothing' performance artist and a 'nothing' painter in a nowhere tea stall.

Then I met a ‘something’ stranger in a ‘nothing’ museum.  A man with clarity. He was neither a researcher nor an artist but both and ‘nothing’. But he was something. Something was different. I told him ‘nothing’ about me. He listened. He asked me to stop trying hard. He asked me to relax. I told him “you are something “. He laughed and said “that’s nothing”. We said goodbye to each other and he left with ‘something’ and me again with ‘nothing’.

No comments: